Sunday, September 19, 2004

Idle Weekend

This was most likely the last idle weekend i'll have before the moving activities really kick in. I spent it mosting doing reading and research on the web; that included catching up on some episodes of the .Net show and MSDN TV that I have been neglecting lately... also managed to wash the car and the bike. Watched two of the best games of footy I've seen all year, St Kilda v Port Adelaide and Brisbane v Geelong on friday/saturday night respectively.

Sunday was fantastic - sunny and clear in the afternoon, so Geoff my father in law and I went on an impromptu ride up to Kinglake and down through Yarra Glen. We got stuck behind a fair few slow cars on the way up the hill, and the same on the way down... still, a good way to waste an afternoon. The old girl (Yamaha SR250) did a respectable job, but I still can't wait to get rid of it and get something with a bit more grunt. Contemplating an Aprilia 125 or 250; can't see myselfa l really needing the power of itre sports bike (although 600 would be nice) given the huge cost of insurance, the fact that I won't be doing any track days, and that I generally respect speed limits.

The most likely situation is that the old girl will be running for a few years yet...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Beef information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

22 May 2006 at 2:22 pm

 
Blogger Ayisha said...

Nice and knowledgeable gifts for everyone-
booksshelf
knowledge
books
liberary
kitaben
Books and references
books

24 August 2007 at 11:35 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home