Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Search Indexers are not just for fun

After ditching Google Desktop in favour of MSN Desktop Search, I today realised the true power of these indexed searched apps. I not only index all my hard disks, but all of our corporate network drives. Today after trying to find some installation instructions for an obscure peice of software, I was told to look in an old network server that I do not index. I resorted to Windows Search to look for the file keywords on that drive.

A few hours later, after find what I needed in a big folder in a bookshelf in someone's office, I sorted out the problem and returned to my desk to catch up on actual work.

Windows search was still going...

If there is a company out there who isn't indexing their corporate networks then they are missing out on a lot of time savings when these issues occur.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Candy information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

22 May 2006 2:33 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home